Memcom recruitment has been tasked with finding a Digital and Media Officer for a Society based in St. Albans, that promotes and develops science. The Society has an international reach and provides collaboration in their community, research and publications in science.
The Digital and Media Officer is in charge of improving the Society's online presence to increase engagement with its members and the public. This is a brand new, part-time role of 30 hours/ week paying £c.24K-£27K p.a. (£30K-£34K full-time equivalent). You will be able to work remotely with regular travel to the office.
What you will do:
- You will increase engagement by ensuring that the association offers modern and interactive platforms for understanding science and supporting their global membership
- Develop the association's profile in the media and develop online platforms to connect scientists with each other and with the public and press
- Your goal will be to ensure that the impact of the association's online and digital resources increases. To achieve this you will be required to coordinate and manage the creation of all digital content such as website, blogs, press releases, pod-casts, info-graphics and videos
- Work with the engagement team to keep website content up to date, engaging and relevant. You will also develop a digital marketing strategy to meet the role's goals
- Analyse and report on the impact of digital media activities
- Maintain and manage social media channels
- You will propose strategies and methods for improving online presence
What an ideal candidate would look like:
- An individual with a positive and friendly attitude, driven and enthusiastic.
- Experienced in developing an organisation's online presence to increase engagement
- Experienced in content management
- Confident in growing and planning social media channels
- Experience with brand profile development and as a digital media specialist calibre is highly desirable.
If this sounds like it could be you, do not hesitate to apply!
Why choose memcom? Our recruitment services offer unrivalled sector knowledge and access to a large network of candidates. Whether you need an executive appointment, specialist recruitment or simply ad-hoc, temporary support to cover sickness or restructuring, contact [email protected] to find out how we can help. We recruit for all levels and functions within the sector, including membership, marketing, digital, education, finance, IT, HR and corporate services.
Disclaimer note: Whilst we endeavour to treat all applications with the respect they deserve, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback for unsuccessful applicants.