The Memcom Excellence Awards are open to professional bodies, trade associations, membership charities, other non-profit membership organisations, and agencies submitting applications on behalf of these organisations.
The Memcom Excellence Awards welcomes applications from the International membership community. Competing organisations do not have to have a UK-based membership to participate. The entry must be submitted in English.
- Register on our awards platform Evalato - Enter here
- Select the awards you wish to enter
- Pay at time of registration with a valid credit card
- An email with your login details will be sent to you giving you access to your personal workspace
- Start your application whenever, save it and submit before the deadline
When you start filling out your application you can save as you go along, then come back to the awards microsite on Evalato at any time to complete your entry using your login details.
Once you have submitted your application, you can no longer edit it.
Submissions for all awards are limited to a maximum of 1,000 words (7000 characters, spaces count towards the character limit) and nominees are also able to upload a maximum of 2 documents (1x supporting evidence, 1x visual). Period of time the awards cover: 12 - 18 months.
Each award has its own criteria, but generally nominees should think about how to answer the following question:
- Why do you think this initiative/person/campaign/event/venue deserves to win this award right now?
Judges will look for:
Evidence of strategy and clearly defined goals: What are the goals and objectives of the project, magazine, campaign, event, person? What is the strategy you applied? How does this project, magazine, campaign etc...contribute to the purpose of the organisation?
Execution & activities: In your application, please provide a list of the various activities that have been executed? What resources humans and others have been used to undertake the activities?
Innovation, creativity and originality: What was innovative in the execution, approach etc…?
Success Metrics and results achieved: comment on your achievements in relation to the finance and human resources utilised. Show Evidence of success and impact in the form of feedback, testimonials or other KPIs, including any outcomes such as measurable increased engagement.
You selected the awards you'd like to enter in the registration stage. Change of mind? Easily fixed! If you would like to add in, or take away, any award entries, simply email us at [email protected] and we'll sort it!
You are advised to upload supporting materials that can be used alongside your entry. Unless you ask us not to, these materials may subsequently be used on the memcom website, on screens during the awards ceremony, or within other memcom related marketing and promotional materials.
Digital copies are requested for the Print and Publishing, Editor of the year and any other categories where it is needed.
Please kindly note that no supporting materials will be accepted after submission.
The data you have supplied will be stored on memcom servers for six months following the voting deadline. It will only be used as part of the selection process for the Awards and for the memcom team, to keep in touch with you about the Awards. Your personal information will not be disclosed or passed onto any other organisation other than memcom.
You have to be in it to win it!
- Research suitable awards
- Choose your nomination carefully
- Follow the instructions
- Make time
- Use storystelling to demonstrate success and impact
- Create a joint entry with one of your business partners and suppliers
My top tip is to demonstrate innovation that moves beyond traditional models with evidence or KPIs that demonstrate positive outcomes.
Awards and recognition can enhance your associations’ reputation and the reputation of your members. Further, they can also work to encourage innovation and advances in your industry. All of which can lead to an increasing member base by raising your profile within your industry.
Benefits of winning an award:
- Be recognised for excellence in the sector
- Show your members the quality of the work you produce for their organisation
- Exposure through memcom communications across social media channels, newsletters and blogs
- Receive recognition that can support your career progression
- Great for team morale - Show appreciation for the hard work and results of your employees and volunteers
- Great opportunity to celebrate your success
|01st December 2021||Awards opens|
|31st January 2022||Early Bird at £150 + VAT ends (Standard at £199 + VAT)|
|28th February 2022||Standard entry and 3 for 2 offer ends|
|14th March 2022||Late awards entry and final deadline (awards fee increased to £225+ VAT to cover admin)|
|April 2022||Judges voting|
|29th June 2022||Shortlist announced at the memcom conference|
|29th September 2022||Winners announced at the lavish awards ceremony in London, UK.|
|Early Bird Entry||£150 +VAT||01 Dec 2021 to 31 Jan 2022|
|Standard Entry||£199 +VAT||01 Feb 2022 to 28 Feb 2022|
|Late Entry||£225 + VAT||01 Mar 2022 to 14 Mar 2022|
- The cost of entry is per application, this includes a non-refundable administrative fee of £29 per application. memcom reserves the right to change the const of entry to the awards without notice.
- All award entries must be paid at time of registration with a credit card. Failure to pay will result in entries being withdrawn from the judging process.
- When submitting your credit card details at time of registration, enter the postcode / Zip code of where the card is registered in capital letters with no space.
Every year we invite experts and professionals from the world of membership to form our jury panel – from thought leaders, heads of associations, to consultants and suppliers working within the membership sector, each with an in-depth understanding of the industry’s ever-changing landscapes.
Each entry is evaluated by a panel of 3 – 5 judges, within a set of categories assigned in accordance with their field of expertise. The process ensures that any conflict of interest with any of the competing entries are taken into consideration, and respectively no judges are assigned categories where such entries are present.
Entries are scored based on these key criteria
⇒ Evidence of strategy and clearly defined goals
⇒ Execution & activites
⇒ Innovation, creativity and originality
⇒ Success metrics and results achieved
During the evaluation process there are no restriction on the number of awards that can be allocated. As many or as few entries could be awarded per category as the jury deems appropriate and as their voting score determines.
Each award winner or highly commended will receive:
⇒ an elegant trophy to display in your organisation
⇒ a digital badge to add to your website and email signature
⇒ an editorial and social media coverage - you will be featured on our website, newsletters, blogs and any social media materials
⇒ a quote from the judges to feature in a press release
The Memcom Excellence Awards are fully independent and completely impartial, and are organised and facilitated but not judged by employees of Memcom.Download the Awards General Rules & Eligibility