The memcom people academy is designed for junior colleagues who might be working towards CIPD levels 3 or 5. Typical job titles will include HR Administrators, Assistants & Officers, but also colleagues working in L&D, OD & training who regularly have to support HR colleagues or wish to increase their HR generalist knowledge.
The training will be delivered in monthly themed online meetings, for a limited number of attendees. Subjects can also be suggested by peers within the networks themselves, based on their own knowledge gaps and experience, and expert speakers will be sourced from within and outside the membership sector.
It is envisaged that we will cover the following topics during the first 12 months:
- Human resources and its place within a membership organisation
- The importance of values-based cultures
- How to improve your presence & presentation skills
- An introduction to neuroplasticity and its potential impact on the workplace
- (Un)conscious bias and EDI
- HR, sustainability, risk management and workforce planning
- Building back positive culture in a post-covid world
The idea behind the academy is to continue our theme of helping individuals learn from each other, harnessing the talents of the sector to teach the next generation. It saves money, allows individuals to find mentors and helps both mentor and mentee learn new skill sets which will enable them to progress in their careers.